Journal for nature conservation
Elsevier Science publishes the Journal for Nature Conservation in affiliation with ECNC-European Centre for Nature Conservation.
The Journal for Nature Conservation is a scientific journal focusing on methods and techniques used in nature conservation. This international and interdisciplinary journal offers a forum for the communication of modern approaches to nature conservation. It aims to provide both scientists and practitioners in conservation theory, policy and management with comprehensive and applicable information. In particular, the Journal wants to encourage communication between scientists and practitioners, and thereby explore new research avenues that integrate biodiversity issues with socio-economic concepts.
Review and research papers as well as short communications are welcome from a wide range of disciplines, such as landscape ecology, restoration ecology, theoretical ecology, ecological modelling, ecological economics, conservation biology, wildlife management, environmental planning, policymaking, and environmental education.
See the Journal’s website for subscription and submission details.
ECNC staff have authored several articles published in the Journal:
- The journey of a data point. June 2014, Ben Delbaere
- European policy review: Functional agrobiodiversity supporting sustainable agriculture. Volume 22, Issue 3, June 2014, Pages 193–194, Ben Delbaere, Veronika Mikos and Mirjam Pulleman
- European protected areas: Past, present and future. Volume 21, Issue 2, April 2013, Pages 122–124, Lawrence Jones-Walters and Kristijan Čivić
- Biodiversity and stakeholder participation. Volume 19, Issue 6, December 2011, Pages 327-329, Lawrence Jones-Walters and Aysegül Çil
- European policy review: Wilderness and biodiversity. Volume 18, Issue 4, December 2010, Pages 338-339, Lawrence Jones-Walters and Kristijan Čivić
- Valuing nature: The economics of biodiversity. Volume 17, Issue 4, December 2009, Pages 245-247, Lawrence Jones-Walters
- Biodiversity in multifunctional landscapes. Volume 16, Issue 2, 10 June 2008, Pages 117-119, Lawrence Jones-Walters
- Pan-European Ecological Networks. Volume 15, Issue 4, 11 December 2007, Pages 262-264, Lawrence Jones-Walters
- European policy review – assessing policy impacts on biodiversity. Volume 14, Issue 2, 10 July 2006, Pages 129-130, Ben Delbaere
- European policy review: Biodiversity and climate change. Volume 13, Issue 4, 6 December 2005, Pages 275-276, Ben Delbaere
- European policy review: Biodiversity research to support European policy. Volume 13, Issues 2-3, 15 July 2005, Pages 213-214, Ben Delbaere
- European policy review: Starting to Achieve the 2010 Biodiversity Target. Volume 12, Issue 2, 22 October 2004, Pages 141-142, Ben Delbaere
- Status of the Pan-European Biological and Landscape Diversity Strategy. Volume 11, Issue 2, 2003, Pages 127-128, Ben Delbaere
- European policy review: Mid-Term Review of the EU Common Agricultural Policy. Volume 10, Issue 3, 2002, Pages 185-187, Peter Nowicki
- European policy review. Volume 10, Issue 2, 2002, Pages 125-126, Ben Delbaere
- European policy review. Volume 10, Issue 1, 2002, Pages 61-62, Ben Delbaere