Support to the European Topic Centre on Biological Diversity
ECNC has been a consortium partner of the European Topic Centre on Biological Diversity (ETC/BD) since 1995. In this role we carry out part of the Topic Centre's annual work plans. ECNC's work focuses mainly on activities under the Streamlining European Biodiversity Indicators (SEBI) process, general indicator and monitoring work; contributing to the Biodiversity Information System for Europe (BISE); and providing expert input in the fields of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Assessment processes. ECNC had a key role in the development of the EU 2010 Biodiversity Baseline and the 10 Messages for 2010 and currently in preparing the biodiversity component of the State of the Environment Report for 2015.
ECNC also participates in the ETC/BD Management Committee.
The consortium partners of the ETC/BD for the period 2014-2018 are:
- MNHN - National Museum of Natural History (France): Lead partner
- AOPK-CR - Nature Conservation Agency of the Czech Republic
- ECNC-European Centre for Nature Conservation
- ILE SAS - Institute of Landscape Biology of Slovak Academy of Sciences
- ISPRA - Higher Institute for Environmental Protection and Research (Italy)
- JNCC - Joint Nature Conservation Committee (UK)
- SC-NAT – Swiss Biodiversity Forum
- SLU - Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- UBA - Environment Agency Austria
The work of ECNC as part of the contract for the ETC/BD is funded by the European Environment Agency.